Head Start Association
Strategic Plan Framework
Mission: To provide leadership through facilitating partnerships which enhance educational and economic progress for children and families within our communities.
Vision: To be an empowering leader for positive changes in families.
• We believe that each child has the basic human right to reach or develop their full potential.
• We believe that healthy children develop in the context of healthy families.
• We believe that professional integrity in early care and learning is driven by professional development and mentoring opportunities.
• We believe in empowering parents in taking leadership roles in their communities.
• We believe our association prospers by working with other agencies toward common goals that assist families with self-sufficiency.
• We believe the association leads best when serving others.
• Public Policy
• Professional Development
• Public Awareness
The North Dakota Head Start Association goals are determined by the NDHSA board comprised of directors, staff and parent representatives. Development of the plan began November 17, 2004. The NDHSA board set objectives aimed at improving the association while simultaneously improving the lives of low-income children and families throughout North Dakota.
Download the 2007-2010 Strategic Plan
Download the 2004-2007 Strategic Plan