The North Dakota Head Start Association is a private not-for-profit membership organization dedicated to meeting the needs of Head Start children and their families across the state of North Dakota.
The North Dakota Head Start Association is governed by an elected President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, and the Board of Directors. The Governing Board of the Association is comprised of three (3) representatives from each local Head Start program – these representatives are the Head Start Director, a staff member and a parent representative of the respective Head Start agency. The NDHSA Board of Directors meets four times yearly, from October through May of each school year.
There are currently three Standing Committees of the North Dakota Head Start Association, each staffed by a Chairperson and representatives from local Head Start programs. The Committees are: 1) Current Topics; 2) Professional Development and 3) Public Relations.
The North Dakota Head Start Association is a member of the National Head Start Association and the Region VIII Head Start Association.
NDHSA’s Mission Statement is:
The NDHSA believes that all children deserve to have the opportunity to grow and succeed.
NDHSA’s Vision Statement is:
The NDHSA will provide leadership, education and advocacy for ND Head Start communities.
• We believe that each child has the basic human right to reach or develop their full potential.
• We believe that healthy children develop in the context of healthy families.
• We believe that professional integrity in early care and learning is driven by professional development and mentoring opportunities.
• We believe in empowering parents in taking leadership roles in their communities.
• We believe our association prospers by working with other agencies toward common goals that assist families with self-sufficiency.
• We believe the association leads best when serving others.